AutoCasperNBI and Casper Imaging 9.96

mojo21221
Contributor II

Hey all we were chomping at the bit waiting for this release to fix the Configuration Profile bug that caused some users to auto-logout after 30 min. Still to early to tell if the fix is truly a fix. Anyways onto an issue I found. When trying to create a new netboot image with AutoCasperNBI I found that it would not accept the new Casper imaging 9.96 App. It would complain about a version number and not let you move forward. So I thought why don't I just show the Casper Imaging App's package contents and take a look at the info.plist. I compared it to the Casper imaging 9.93 app and noticed a few things were different. So I figured what the hell, I opened both of them in my text editor (BBEdit) copied the 9.93 info.plist contents into the 9.96 info.plist and updated the few references from 9.93 to 9.96 and also the minimum version to 10.7.0. Saved the modified Casper Imaging 9.96 info.plist. and POOF it works! Dropped it into the AutoCasperNBI it immediately said it was 9.96 and was able to create my new netboot image. Hope this helps anyone who runs into this issue. Below is the modified plist info that fixed the issue.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict> <key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key> <string>en</string> <key>CFBundleDocumentTypes</key> <array> <dict> <key>CFBundleTypeExtensions</key> <array> <string>casper</string> </array> <key>CFBundleTypeIconFile</key> <string>CasperDocument.icns</string> <key>CFBundleTypeName</key> <string>Casper Document</string> <key>CFBundleTypeOSTypes</key> <array> <string>CSPR</string> </array> <key>CFBundleTypeRole</key> <string>None</string> </dict> </array> <key>CFBundleExecutable</key> <string>Casper Imaging</string> <key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key> <string>9.96</string> <key>CFBundleIconFile</key> <string>Casper Imaging.icns</string> <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key> <string>com.jamfsoftware.CasperImaging</string> <key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key> <string>6.0</string> <key>CFBundleName</key> <string>Casper Imaging</string> <key>CFBundlePackageType</key> <string>APPL</string> <key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key> <string>9.96</string> <key>CFBundleSignature</key> <string></string> <key>CFBundleVersion</key> <string>3.2.3.3.0</string> <key>CopyrightYear</key> <string>2016</string> <key>LSMinimumSystemVersion</key> <string>10.7.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

7 REPLIES 7

NealIV
Contributor

Thanks! I was wondering about this also.

djdavetrouble
Contributor III

Might want to post a bug report on the github:
https://github.com/macmule/AutoCasperNBI/issues

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@mojo21221 please post an issue. I'll be playing with Sierra GM this weekend & AutoCasperNBI (plus some other issues).

That info.plist looks a bit wrong. So.. I'll log an issue/blame JAMF too. :)

mojo21221
Contributor II

@bentoms I posted the issue to the github link. btw I blame JAMF too... :) No way your software could be the issue, looks like whoever finalized the app. the info.plist was in a funky state... Anyway I'd love to know the reason on why it didn't work, it was just the first thing I thought of looking at and messing with.. Guessed right, lol. I should play the lottery today.

bentoms

Thanks @mojo21221.

FWIW, this weekend I'm testing sierra GM with ACNBI, & there should be a release next week with sierra support & this will be fixed in that release.

Link to GH Issue

ChupSuy
New Contributor III

Thanks a bunch I started to grow gray hair..

bentoms

Hi all,

Please test this pre-release of AutoCasperNBI