Software/Applications inventory report

mhasman
Valued Contributor

Hello!

Would you please remind me how to export from JSS Applications inventory report?

The format should be: Application - version - computer/user info

Need to collect all "Adobe" individual records.

I can do the Search by Applications, it show correct info collected by Applications, versions and shows all computers/users if clicking to (+) before the app name (please see screenshot) - question is hot to export that info to Excel?

Thanks!

160e268cb6904f868a4142314991633e
dd4690a9009647b79c0f724c395e6aff

4 REPLIES 4

thoule
Valued Contributor II

Hi Mark - Sadly Jamf reporting is still lacking. There's a few feature requests around it, but those are pretty dusty. If you really need the data regularly, an API call is going to be your best bet.

mhasman
Valued Contributor

@thoule Thank you Todd!

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

If you're not opposed to getting the data in a different format, you can try using the regular Advanced Computer Search. Go into Criteria and choose Application Title has and enter the software title name. You can choose to or not to add in the Application Version criteria as well.
Once you do the search, when exporting the results, on the screen that asks you what criteria item to choose to sort the results by, choose "Applications" instead of the default "Computers".
When it exports to a csv what you end up with is an csv with 2 main columns of the application title and application version, and then a list of all computers that match that version of the application in the additional columns after it. It will group machines into sections with the app and version to the left of that group, if that makes any sense.
I think you just need to give it a try if you haven't already to see what I mean. Its not the same as what you get with the Applications search, but it may work for you.

Hope that helps.

Nmangal
New Contributor III

@mm2270 It worked. Thanks Mike