MacOS X Sierra and FEU FUT issues

roiegat
Contributor III

So started testing our build process on Sierra for it's upcoming release and noticed something interesting. With our current files and packages it's failing to install the DMG file I have with FEU and FUT turned on.

The DMG file contains some settings that we enforce and some folder structures for the Shared user. Some of these things I could do with a script, but wanted to see if there was a way to resolve the issue. I know 9.96 just came out and I"m going to test the Composer in that version to see if I can get any further.

But even if I use composer and package it as a package, when running it on Sierra it gets a compatibitliy issue and fails to run. My hunch is that something changed in Sierra in regards to the user template folder. But trying to get verification on that....so still testing.

Anyone had issues with FEU and FUT in Sierra?

UPDATE: So went into Sierra /system/libary folder and User Template folder is locked down tight. Seems like it's protected under the SIP. So wonder if we'll lose the ability to use it.

6 REPLIES 6

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

looking at the rootless.conf file it looks like you should be able to to modify the folders.

Will take a closer look tomorrow.

franton
Valued Contributor III

On my system, Sierra has not locked down the User Template. Mind you I did upgrade, rather than fresh install.

More investigation is required.

andysemak
Contributor

It's not locked down on a fresh install.

roiegat
Contributor III

Odd. I was using the latest install to do a fresh install and then running our overlay on it. Will test a fresh install with just Casper and the package in question. Maybe it needs to be done earlier in the build process.

jjones
Contributor II

Could you happen to share what plists this DMG is editing, and what files are being created? You might also check with the files to ensure that they have the correct permissions set when made or this can cause compatibility issues.

As for the User Template file itself, it should be default locked and can only be accessed by sudo'ing into it.

roiegat
Contributor III

@jjones Now that the official installer is out I'll make a fresh install on VM and a laptop to test out. Will try to run test this week and report back.