Graphpad Prism v6 repackaging

ianmb
Contributor

Does anyone have any successful experience of this?

I installed Prism v6 into /Applications, created a StartupConfig.xml file (as per the advice here) and placed this under /Applications/Prism 6/, then captured this in Composer.

However, when I install the package on another Mac from Self Service I get the Activate Prism dialogue box with the Serial number not pre-filled.

I've verified that I'm using the correct serial number with our Software Manager.

My StartupConfig.xml file looks like this, and was created via nano in a Terminal window:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF­8"?>
<configuration>
<silent-activation>true</silent-activation>
<serial-number>GPM6-XXXXXX-XXXX-XXXXX</serial-number>
<check-for-updates>false</check-for-updates>
</configuration>

Any advice greatly appreciated!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

NowAllTheTime
Contributor III

I've found that I need to uninstall any existing copies of Prism as well as any existing StartupConfig.xml or prism-config.xml files from past installs before I install the new copy of Prism. May or may not end up being your issue, but that's what I had to do to stop that window from popping up when the app launches for the first time.

Your XML file looks right. We're deploying Prism 7 right now which uses the prism-config.xml file instead of StartupConfig.xml (same contents and location, just different name). Haven't packaged version 6 in a while, but maybe whichever build of 6 you are using also needs that new naming convention for the xml file?

View solution in original post

mpeski
New Contributor III

We have the same StartupConfig.xml. Only the location in the Prism6.app is different. We have this file located in Prism6.app/Contents/SharedSupport. Maybe changing the file to this location might help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NowAllTheTime
Contributor III

I've found that I need to uninstall any existing copies of Prism as well as any existing StartupConfig.xml or prism-config.xml files from past installs before I install the new copy of Prism. May or may not end up being your issue, but that's what I had to do to stop that window from popping up when the app launches for the first time.

Your XML file looks right. We're deploying Prism 7 right now which uses the prism-config.xml file instead of StartupConfig.xml (same contents and location, just different name). Haven't packaged version 6 in a while, but maybe whichever build of 6 you are using also needs that new naming convention for the xml file?

mpeski
New Contributor III

We have the same StartupConfig.xml. Only the location in the Prism6.app is different. We have this file located in Prism6.app/Contents/SharedSupport. Maybe changing the file to this location might help.

ianmb
Contributor

Thanks both - I asked our software manager for v7, created a new prism-config.xml file using nano in a Terminal window, and added this to the SharedSupport folder as suggested.

All is now working as expected and ready for deployment!