JSS 9.96 Policies Web View

tomt
Valued Contributor

I recently upgraded from Casper 8.72 to 9.96. One thing I have noticed is that every time I go back to the main Policies page all of the policy groups are expanded. In the old version I set them to hidden and they would stay grouped by default. Even if I manually choose hide and then reload the page they revert back to the "show all" view.

Anyone else running into this or have figured out a way to get the old defaults back?

13 REPLIES 13

mconners
Valued Contributor

Hi @tomt, yes, I am seeing this as well. I haven't been able to set it back to hide and this is a very annoying problem that needs to be fixed. The constant jumping back and forth is a real time waster.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

As far as I recall, this has been a problem for a while, though in reverse, for me. For example, I can go into Policies right now on our 9.82 JSS, expand all policy categories, or just a subset. Clicking off the Policies page and jumping back in shows all policy categories now collapsed again. Meaning, in my case, it doesn't remember my last setting of having certain (or all) policy categories expanded. So either way, this has never really worked reliably. At least not in my experience.

Though to be fair, it sounds like the problem as it is now would be more annoying than it was previously. Better to have them re-collapse than to have them all expanded I guess.

Edit: I partially take back my comment. It only seems to recollapse the categories under certain circumstances, not every time. I see it happen kind of randomly. Sometimes it retains the view, and other times it just reloads them in a default all closed state. So at best its inconsistent in the older releases. Not sure why, but wanted to just correct my statement for the record.

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hi @tomt , @mconners , & @mm2270 ,

We're aware of this issue and have it filed as PI-002788.

If you don't already have a case open with your TAM, and would like to open one to have attached to the above PI, please get in touch with them either by giving them a call, sending an e-mail to support@jamfsoftware.com, or by using the My Support section of JAMF Nation.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Support

tomt
Valued Contributor

Thanks @amanda.wulff , I had myself added to the PI.

Tom

tomt
Valued Contributor

I don't see it listed in the release notes, was this fixed in 9.97?

MarcosMunoz
New Contributor III

@tomt This is still an issue that has not been resolved in 9.97x

tomt
Valued Contributor

Disappointing...

tomt
Valued Contributor

@amanda.wulff Any update on this issue? It's been four months and this seems to be a fairly simple thing to fix.

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@tomt

There are no updates on this issue. When the product issue mentioned earlier is resolved, it will show in our release notes.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
Jamf Support

MadPossum
New Contributor III

@amanda.wulff Thanks!

tomt
Valued Contributor

So 9.99 just dropped. I read through the bug fixes (yes, I consider this a bug since I can't see any possible reason it would have been a conscious decision) and no mention of it.

Can anyone confirm if this has been fixed in 9.99?

Thanks

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@tomt

We make every effort to include everything fixed in the release notes; if you do not see PI-002788 listed in the release notes, that means that it has not been fixed in the release in question.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
Jamf Support

PeterClarke
Contributor II

Shame this is is not resolved ( PI-002788 ) - it's a real pain…