JSS and BigFix

swapple
Contributor III

How does IBM integrate JSS and BigFix?

6 REPLIES 6

Nails
New Contributor

Do you have any information that says IBM are actually doing that?

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

I think in the IBM presentation they said that they do install BigFix but it's not doing "much" and that they were planing on removing it...

Don't quote me as it was a year ago that I watched the video... : )

C

swapple
Contributor III

When some IBM sales reps showed up here toting their macbook airs to sell us BigFix, they had no clue what Casper was and was playing it off like Casper must have been a middle point to get to BigFix. Of course, I don't tend to believe sales people.
But there are those out there that do have both Casper and BigFix at their location and I am curious how they play together. We will be facing this in the future so trying to get ahead of the curve. (plus I thought I was making a discussion that was attached to the JNUC event calendar entry for the IBM talk coming up in a few weeks)

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

Last year talk is still up!!

https://www.jamfsoftware.com/resources/mac-ibm-zero-to-30000-in-6-months-video/

swapple
Contributor III

As great as the IBM talk was at JNUC 2016, I was disappointed they did not talk about BigFix and the moderator did not find my question about it worthy to ask. Afterwards when we went up on stage to ask them, we were told that BF plays only a tiny part in the mac management scheme, mostly for reporting. But the management, major reports, and patching for the Macs is handled by JamfPro.

mdd16
New Contributor

We use both in our environment. We actually have Jamf install bigfix as part of enrollment. As far as playing together, we haven't had any issues. It is nice to have more than one way of accomplishing things.