iOS Configuration Profile Dock Web Clips

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Trying to get my Webclips into the dock in a configuration profile on iOS 10 using JSS 9.96.

I can push the web clips with the Web Clip tab in the configuration profile...but when I try to arrange it into the dock it doesn't seem to work. Any thoughts?

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

michael_devins
Contributor II
Contributor II

Apple recently updated their documentation for the Home Screen Layout feature. Web clips are no longer supported within the Home Screen Layout payload. Jamf Pro will be updated to reflect this deprecation in a future release.

For clarity, Applications and Folders can be specified within a Home Screen Layout payload.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@gshackney

Unfortunately, Webclips cannot be put into the dock.

We have this filed as PI-002218 for internal tracking, and have closed it out as Third Party.

We did open up a ticket with Apple (24839633) as well to get it on their radar (no pun intended), and would encourage you to do the same.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Support

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Thanks for the update Amanda! I've forwarded this post along to my Apple contacts....

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

mtolon
New Contributor

Has there been any updates to this issue?

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@mtolon

You would need to contact your Apple rep to find out if there are any updates, as this is an Apple issue, not an issue with the JSS.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
Jamf Support

michael_devins
Contributor II
Contributor II

Apple recently updated their documentation for the Home Screen Layout feature. Web clips are no longer supported within the Home Screen Layout payload. Jamf Pro will be updated to reflect this deprecation in a future release.

For clarity, Applications and Folders can be specified within a Home Screen Layout payload.

kohlwholesale
New Contributor

I was just able to get this to work. I had added a web clip into the homescreen layout's dock, but I also had to have a separate configuration profile for the webclip. Once both were scoped to the target devices, it showed up in the dock.