All by yourself event

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

I'm good...I'd suggest hanging out somewhere Monday night...maybe at one of the hotel bars

31 REPLIES 31

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

Feel free to join is at Grumpy's any time of the night, many of us will be hanging out at Aloft Hotel bar too down the road near Guthrie I'm sure.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Beer and bacon?

--
https://donmontalvo.com

georgecm12
Contributor III

I unfortunately won't be in attendance this year. I have to say though that this is a very good idea for a mini-event. I wish I or someone would have been smart enough to come up with this last year, when I was at JNUC for the first time and by myself.

Hopefully, if we can find the budget to send me to JNUC next year, that someone will be smart enough to schedule a repeat of this event!

ndeal
New Contributor III

Anyone else arriving in the evening tomorrow? I'd be game to meet up with anyone who might want to grab a bite and a drink around 8. Maybe somewhere a little less loud 'n' crazy than Grumpy's is sure to be... can always join that party after getting some grub and pre-game cocktails.

Brad_G
Contributor II

I always enjoy grabbing a bite at Maxwell's just down the street from Grumpy's. Good food and a bit quieter typically for conversation. They've got a few tv's around to catch anything that's on. Shoot a message if you want to meet up.

seanz
New Contributor II

I'll be getting in around 6 and would be interested in meeting up somewhere a little quieter.

Randydid
Contributor II

I am here and up for meeting. I am staying at the Courtyard. I am hungry and could stand to eat soon. It is nearly 6 PM right now.

/randy

Randydid
Contributor II

@Brad_G and anyone else---I am heading towards Maxwell's now-it is 6:45 local here. I will be wearing glasses with a black Albuquerque Isotopes baseball cap and a grey shirt.

/randy

crmeade
New Contributor III

I just got into town and didn't notice this event. Not sure on locations (first time in Minneapolis, staying at the Crowne Plaza), but am up for meeting up somewhere

crmeade
New Contributor III

-dupicate post-

crmeade
New Contributor III

-duplicate post-

Randydid
Contributor II

@crmeade i just to Maxwells at 900 Washington S

Brad_G
Contributor II

I was a few hours late getting on the road and now dealing with some stuff that came up during the day. Doesn't look like I'll make it. Sorry for the late notice.

crmeade
New Contributor III

@Randydid I'll head there shortly, if you are on the Macadmins slack, Im crmeade there too.

ndeal
New Contributor III

Just got to Aloft, guess I'll mosey on down to Maxwells and see what's happening.

Randydid
Contributor II

@crmeade i will see you in a bit. See my description above.

snovak
Contributor

I wall-flowered at Grumpy's for a bit, but it's not really my scene. It kind of sucks only knowing people from online; it's like that awkward blind date moment.

seanz
New Contributor II

Hey Sam, feeling the same. Probably going to head next door to Maxwells for a bite then maybe aloft bar after.

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Yeah i left too. Many of us find it hard to talk to total strangers, but if we have someone to introduce us it can be better. looking forward to tomorrow though maybe I'll meet some new faces in a tech environment where it is easier..

snovak
Contributor

We can't all be social butterflies.

FLY!

snovak
Contributor

Also, does the four-panel display in the aLoft lounge look like something out of Hackers or is it just me?

lucas_sc
New Contributor

Okay, we're all good to go for 8 pm tonight at the aloft w xyz bar!!

Sorry for not being able to confirm time earlier but hope to see y'all there!

Randydid
Contributor II

Anyone interested in grabbing dinner sometime tonight?

/randy

crmeade
New Contributor III

@Randydid I'm good again for tonight

Randydid
Contributor II

Ok @crmeade i heading to my hotel to charge phone and answer emails. Any preference for food?

crmeade
New Contributor III

@Randydid nope, I'm up for whatever

Randydid
Contributor II

I am thinking either Thai or Italian. Pad Ga Pow has good reviews but is a ways from me and I don't have a car. 811 LaSalle Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Phone number (612) 332-0260

Not sure about any Italian places here.

text me at five zero five five five three four two nine three

Anyone else is welcome to join us and/or help us find a good place near the Guthrie.

/randy

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

I'm going to check out the Spaghetti Warehouse Thursday night, real close to the Guthrie

jonathanwilson
New Contributor II

Good luck getting folks together for Thursday, I shall not be able to join. But I was just at Aloft hanging out! Thanks so much for putting that together @lucas.sc and the other booking.com folks! A great social event to cap off Day 1.

seanz
New Contributor II

Anyone up for a walk to the jamf party tonight? Thinking about hitting the aloft bar first and then braving the cold.

Johnny_Kim
Contributor II

@seanz check Slack, sent you a PM.