Casper JSS 9.96 - Policies don't save how I want to view logs?

Bernard_Huang
Contributor III

Hi,

Our company finally upgraded our Casper JSS from 9.81 to 9.96 (Hurray).

I haven't gone through the intricacies what the improvements are or what is a new function, but I'm noticing that when I go to policies, and then seeing the logs, it always goes back to the show 10 view. I change it to view 50, but then when I get out and go back it, it goes back to 10.

Also I want to sort the logs by Date/Time. But again, when I get out of the log, then go back in, it is sort again by Computer name.

Is this a new feature or is this a bug? It's going to cost me extra 2 mouse clicks everytime if it really is like this.

3 REPLIES 3

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

Yes, this is an enormous time drain, and major productivity setback in my environment. Already mentioned here somewhere, the 10 line default is supposedly aimed at increasing responsiveness. The odd sort order, you actually have to click on Date/Time twice to send most recent to the top.

I look at logs a lot during patch cycle, and this is a huge, huge step backwards for me. I've expressed the same to my TAM, I'd advise you do the same. These should be user configurable default options.

Edit: everyone, please up vote: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/feature-requests/5194/show-all-entries-policy-logs

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

@Bernard.Huang @dpertschi check out this prior thread & jamfer @amanda.wulff response "we received was that is that this was an intentional change made to the code for performance reasons"

Please vote up original feature request - i suspect one above will be linked as dupe

I hope this will just get fixed as a result of whatever they're rebuilding code wise in v10. It really is a waste of time for admins, but then again since upgrading to 9.96 my clustered JSS crashes every time i send out a MDM command to 900 devices, so who knows what needs to be done on back end to keep my jss up for performance reasons.

PeterClarke
Contributor II

Apparently it's an intended "Feature".

Of course the first thing I do is change it to show 1,000 items..
So I am having to manually change it every time I go into logs..

So for me it's not an improvement..