New to Casper - Needing help deploying .sh script to multiple Macs

Markusic
New Contributor

Hi there,

I have a asset manager .sh script that scans the computer to update asset in our asset manager system.
Been looking how to create a policy to run that script but cant seem to locate how to upload the script to the web JSS dashboard?
Am i looking in the correct location? Any help would be great.

Cheers
Nathan

6 REPLIES 6

al_platt
Contributor II

Hi,

if you go to Management Settings > Scripts > New. Cut and paste the script text in then scope a policy to run said script.

Al

TJ_Edgerly
New Contributor III

Edit
Option 1:

you could open the script in an editor (Text Wrangler, ect.) then copy and past into the Script Interface.

Computers >>>Computer Management >>>Script

619f054528484d758dc254565d53cf2f

Click the "+" and select the "script" tab to paste what you need.

20537abe9fb84815a067fb2b3958270e

damienbarrett
Valued Contributor

I upload bash scripts all the time to JSS using Casper Admin. I don't think there's a way to upload a script via the web interface, but you can paste the script contents as defined above.

TJ_Edgerly
New Contributor III

@damienbarrett You are correct...need that 2nd cup of coffee.

al_platt
Contributor II

@damienbarrett I forgot you could even do that! Nice in the web app though as you can test and tweak easily if required.

mcrispin
Contributor II

A word of caution -- remember that the script entry via the JSS web page is not a "real" text editor like BBEdit/TextWrangler and the like. I do not recommend editing scripts within this window as things like minus-signs and dash symbols can lead to big problems if not careful!