Disabling Emojis

ctktech
New Contributor II

This is probably going to be one of the goofiest things I ever ask, and I highly doubt there is a way, but I figured I would give it a try...

Our principal had informed me that we have a couple of students misusing emojis on our school iPads. They have been using emojis in private conversations with explicit meanings and such. So my principla asked me to see if there is a way to disable the emojis from our school iPads. Is there a way to disable the emoji keyboard from being installed or used on an iPad through the JSS? I know there is a way to delete it in the iPad itself, but I want to make sure if we do delete the emoji keyboard from our iPads, it stays deleted, or at least find some way to disable it.

3 REPLIES 3

milesleacy
Valued Contributor

Answer for your principal: No. As far as I am aware, there are no MDM options to disable particular keyboards.

Answer to the problem: Discipline the child for and educate the child about their inappropriate behavior. If they were writing unacceptable things on paper, would the principal take away their pens? Removing the ability to do a thing is a jailor's solution. Teaching why one shouldn't do that thing is an educator's solution.

ctktech
New Contributor II

Yeah, I figured so from a technical perspective. I think it's more of a precaution, which I understand, but I agree, plus there's no hard evidence for what has been done (it's been more hearsay from teachers hearing it from students).

Thanks!

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

If you could block emojis, what's next abbreviations? Slang?