Jamf Beta Program for 9.97 is now open

bethk
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Jamf Beta Program is now open for 9.97, a maintenance release with fixes and enhancements for 136 product issues, as well as minor new features.

If you would like to participate in the beta program, please enroll at the beta homepage on Jamf Nation under My Assets. After enrollment, please reference our Release Notes for a complete listing of what is included in the beta build.

Remember, this is a beta release. We strongly encourage you not install this software in a production environment. Also, the beta program is operated under non-disclosure, so please do not share any information regarding your testing in any public forum including the non-beta sections of Jamf Nation.. Use the Jamf Nation Beta forums or contact your Jamf buddy with any questions or reported issues regarding the beta.

Thank you to all those who participate in the program.

11 REPLIES 11

Tigerhaven
Contributor

hi Beth,
we are cloud based jamf . i have a separate testing environment, how can i get that enrolled for beta testing.
Also what are the ew features in 9.97

Kunal V

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

@tigerhaven I'm a Jamf Cloud customer as well and you are able to sign up for beta too. In fact, I think Cloud is available as a beta option for on premise customers as well. Just goto your My Assets section.

Release notes and features are available once you join the beta program and are subject to NDA.

RobertBasil
Contributor

I'm a cloud customer, are we able to get a JSS setup on the cloud for testing without an added cost?

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

Yep!

You can also ask your TAM for a test JSS running the same version your production JSS is running.

bethk
Community Manager
Community Manager

Once you are enrolled into the beta program, the download of the beta will be available as well as the option to create a cloud instance. This will create a new cloud instance for testing the beta.

You can see the new features in the beta release notes after you enroll.

Look
Valued Contributor III

Do we have a time line for the release of 9.97?
We are going to need to update some time in the next month or so for 10.12 compatibility but would rather wait for 9.97 than go with 9.96.

bethk
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Look,

Thanks so much for taking a look at the 9.97 beta program.

We cannot speak in exact timelines because we will not release 9.97 until the quality verification process passes. Depending on how the quality assurance progresses for the betas and the release candidates, we can most likely expect a release in mid December to the end of December. Again please note that no release date is set in stone as we'll prioritize quality over a deadline.

I hope that helps give some idea.

Beth Klein

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@Look We're in the same boat...if it's any consolation...we're waiting for 9.97 too. ;)

--
https://donmontalvo.com

Look
Valued Contributor III

Thanks for the response @Bklein it's useful to have even a vague idea, we have a large deployment starting probably mid to late January so it sounds like it will probably be ready in time for us :)

rhooper
Contributor III

We are cloud based JSS, and do not have a separate testing environment, but would like to join Beta testing. What ramifications might there be with doing this.... if any? If there are issues can it be rolled back?

I may be able to test on a few devices, can I add these to a beta test environment?

Thanks all.
R

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

@rhooper In the beta program you'll get an entirely independent Jamf Cloud JSS that isn't connected to production in any way. You can enroll devices in it if you want.

You can also ask Jamf for a Jamf Cloud testing JSS that runs independent of your production JSS.