Notification when a Policy is created or modified

russeller
Contributor III

I would love this feature request: JSS permissions for policy creation but not enablement please vote it up, but in the meantime I was wondering if there would be a way I could be notified when a policy is created or modified in the JSS.

I work for a K-12 and we are giving our campus techs the ability to use Casper Remote. To use Casper Remote you have to give your techs permissions to create policies in the JSS under their site. Because of this, some have discovered they can create policies in the JSS. I haven't trained them yet on this and want to be able to monitor it once we give them permissions to do so.

Does anyone know of a way to get an email or notification of some sort when a Policy is edited or created in the JSS? This option isn't a baked in notification in the JSS. I've looked into mySQL triggers but the internet discourages it. Looks like they all suggest having the web application do the notifications. I would love if anyone could point me in the right direction for this?

My web apps and DB are running on a Win2012R2 VM. Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0