No Black screen saying Casper installing applications ???

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

these last few days when imaging computers I am not getting that black screen that says Casper is finishing installing applications (or whatever it exactly says), instead it is logged in with an Temporary Adobe Install Account and finishing the application installations this way!!

Has anyone else seen this ?

just a few days ago it was fine. nothing has changed in my configurations ?

9 REPLIES 9

rqomsiya
Contributor III

I have an open issue with JAMF regarding this. I've been seeing it with El Capitan images and 9.82 and 9.92 JSS versions.

georgecm12
Contributor III

The "curtain" has been problematic for a long time.

I was extremely pleased to notice that a little while ago - possibly shortly after I applied the 9.96 update, but not necessarily linked to that - that the curtain began working surprisingly reliably.

Now, the last few computers I've imaged, the behavior has reverted and the curtain no longer works (or, at least, not reliably).

May
Contributor III

Hi @tcandela i believe the temporaryadobeinstall account is what logs in if you have anything set to install after reboot, normally you'll see the jamfHelper window "Capser Imaging is...." full screen so you don't notice the account.

There's been an issue where the jamfHelper doesn't run and you're left seeing the Desktop of the adobeinstallaccount.

I just tried @emily solution mentioned in this thread and that worked for me

May
Contributor III

Lot's of other threads discussing this also
here
and here

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

Everything is getting installed while the Adobe account is installed, when it's done installing it does the reboot just like it would do when the splash screen is there. Sometimes I get to splash screen sometimes I don't so I just have to Deal with it

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

@tcaldana you can reinforce the splash screen using the guide I made here (and linked by @May above).

You can also try using LoginLog (documentation on that from myself forthcoming).

stevevalle
Contributor III

This is the exact same issue we have had for many versions! We had an open ticket with JAMF but never got resolved. Some Macs would display the jamfHelper, some wouldn't.

The way we get around this is to execute the jamfHelper at the start of the imaging process (whether the original jamfHelper executes or not!) via a postinstall script in a package created in Composer.

Now every Mac gets the splash screen (original or custom)

4d7caada9569485ea21931ed90d75932

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

it's random for me whether a computer gets the splash screen or not. It seems the age of the computer is the difference. If it's a newer Mac I get no splash screen.

really no big deal at this point whether I see the splash screen or not because I don't expect to see it and once the computer reboots itself, I know the imaging process has completed

dferrara
Contributor II

Frustrating that workarounds like this are needed for basic product functionality.