Sierra and Casper system ??

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

How is everyone doing so far with Sierra enrollments, policies, profiles etc... ?

are you seeing any strange things happening?

I am seeing this in my FV2 configuration profile for the 'security& Privacy' payload !! Not sure sure if its a Sierra issue . running 9.96 (FileVault Recovery Key Redirection payload is fine)

Security & Privacy
OSXConfigurationProfile.com.apple.SubmitDiagInfo.jsp is not implemented.

Check the log for more information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@adamcodega i simply created the same fv2 configuration profile and it worked. No need to create separate profiles

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

abowling
New Contributor

Amongst the OSX machines we have, Sierra hasn't provided any new issues. JAMF issues I've encountered are not OS version specific thus far.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

Im trying to figure out why this is happening in my configuration profile for FV2 setup. Doesn't look to be Sierra specifig, but with this payload having this issue FV2 will not be enabled for user on logout.

Security & Privacy
OSXConfigurationProfile.com.apple.SubmitDiagInfo.jsp is not implemented.

Check the log for more information.

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

On at least 9.96, PI-002963 is a Jamf bug which when the Certificates payload and Security & Privacy payload are on the same profile, the S&P payload will not be applied correctly and the pane won't be viewable in the JSS.

The FileVault 2 Redirection payload counts as a Certificates payload.

Put FileVault 2 Redirection into it's own profile and you'll be all set.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

I created a new file vault to encryption configuration profile with the same exact settings, and this time the security and privacy payload does not have that there. Now I'm going to test the execution of the profile to see what happens . And this is my first two Sierra computers laptops, all previously encrypted we're running 1010 or 1011

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@adamcodega so I have to make two profiles, one to redirect and a second to set fv2 ?

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@adamcodega i simply created the same fv2 configuration profile and it worked. No need to create separate profiles

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

Yes technically you can use a single profile if you're using the FV2 Key Redirection payload, as long as when you create a new profile, you add the Security & Privacy payload first, then add the FV2 Key Redirection payload.

Since it's a specific order you need to follow I just avoid the bug all together by having the FV2 Redirection payload in it's own profile.

Also to clarify this bug is not limited to or caused by Sierra, at least as far as Jamf Support has told me. It's a bug on the JSS.

KSchroeder
Contributor

We're seeing oddities with screensaver password restrictions not working following Sierra upgrade. The GUI options show that the screensaver is set to lock after 20 minutes (and is grayed out so the profile DOES seem to be applied) but the screen lock never actually happens (via hot corners, time out, etc). The only way we've found to fix it so far is to remove the profile that has the screensaver settings in it, then re-applying it. We're still on 9.92, working to get our SaaS offering upgraded to 9.96 (but also suffering with some DEP issues with 9.96).

Anyone else seeing the same?

I have seen the Dialog.jsp error as well when modifying Restrictions profiles as well, on our test 9.96 environment.

nimitz
New Contributor II

@KSchroeder Actually, I notice my machine doing that after the upgrade to Sierra, but we haven't deployed Jamf Pro to the office yet, so i would say that the screen saver activating might be an OS issue and unrelated.

KSchroeder
Contributor

OK, thanks nimitz (he said 5 months later!) Still looking for a fix for this...