App disappears after successful download

Howard_Trevor
Contributor

Has anyone had this happen? Enroll some iPads through Apple Configurator 2, scope them out in the JSS. Watch all of the apps download and then poof! One of the apps (Ozobots) disappears. Has happened on the newest group I have enrolled (30 iPads)

Wondering if anyone has run across this with a fix.

The app has successfully downloaded to the other smart groups I have scoped it to.

4 REPLIES 4

Stuey
New Contributor III

If your scope is "Does not have Ozobot Installed" the iPad falls out of scope as soon as it's finished downloading the App.

bburdeaux
Contributor II

Does the device command history have a remove command for Ozobot? If so, there's something in the JSS triggering the remove command. Typically, in my experience, that's usually been scoping silliness, but there are other more unlikely possibilities. If there isn't a remove command in the history, it might be being removed during the managed app config step, though don't ask me why.

mrmiller
New Contributor III

I have seen this happen when a there is an "age restriction" on that app store that is greater that the app. I had a teacher go in and add restrictions not to allow apps over 12+, the app she was installing was 17+. The app would "install" and disappear. As soon as the restriction was removed, the app appeared.

Emmert
Valued Contributor

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ozobot/id910831867?mt=8

Ozobot is 17+, usually this is because it has some kind of built-in web browser.