"Install apple developer certificate" policy error

discounteggroll
New Contributor III

I took over management of our JSS, and am currently trying to figure out an error that is getting thrown when computers are imaged. The policy is named "import apple dev cert", and is pretty simple. It consists of a package named "DeveloperIDCA.cer.pkg" and a script named "Import Apple Dev Cert" with the priority set to "after". The logs show as completed up until 12/31/15, and then starting 1/7/2016 they show as failed. I was told that JAMF updated their policy, so logs now show as failed if any part of the policy fails. The last line of each entry is: Script result: sudo: importCACert.sh: command not found

The script is a single line shown below:
sudo importCACert.sh /Library/Application Support/JAMF/DeveloperIDCA.cer

Does anyone have any idea what this policy is, if we actually need it, or any other thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5

millersc
Valued Contributor

Where is the script located? It sounds like you have a single line using "Execute Command" but it doesn't know where the script is.

discounteggroll
New Contributor III

Thanks for the quick response. That might be part or all of the problem, I have no idea where that script is located, or if it even exists. I did see and download the imporCACert.sh from JAMF's third party products page, but am unsure of what to do with it or where to put it.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@discounteggroll has the cert expired?

discounteggroll
New Contributor III

cert expires in 2027, however I went ahead with advice I found in other threads (including yours I believe) and will deploy the cert as a configuration profile.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Cool! That works. :)