No devices under DEP

reon
Contributor

Hi everyone,

Just got our first DEP unit, however I don't see any device under DEP as per screen shot.

Anyone know the workaround?

e655b16eef00435ab05b0b24fc5939ce

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

reon
Contributor

hi everyone,

thanks for the advices, however i restarted Tom Cat and it works now.
merry xmas and happy new year to you all. :)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sgoetz
Contributor

Generally the vendor that you purchased the device from has to tell Apple you bought it. Than it will show up in your account and in JAMF. Usually I get a email when a new device has been added to the DEP Program. If its not there you can give the vendor you serial number and/or PO number and they should be able to add it manually.

Shawn G

MacSysAdmin
Contributor

Are you able to log in to the deploy.apple.com portal and assign the computer in DEP?

Sometimes if you haven't had any activity the JSS seems to stop working with the token. you may need to recreate a new token and upload that to your JSS.

d_koleg2217
New Contributor II

I had the same issue recently and contacted our supplier. Quoting his answer here:

When the device ships from the distributor we receive the serial number for the device. We send the serial number to the Apple team and request that the device be registered to the DEP This process takes several days to complete and often the device will arrive at your office before it can be enrolled in the DEP program. We would not be able to automatically register the device before the item ships because we would not have access to the serial number. We also do not want to register the serial until the item is opened and inspected in case there is damage. The device will be registered within a few days, usually 1-2.

reon
Contributor

hi everyone,

thanks for the advices, however i restarted Tom Cat and it works now.
merry xmas and happy new year to you all. :)