Skip to main content
Jamf Nation, hosted by Jamf, is a knowledgeable community of Apple-focused admins and Jamf users. Join us in person at the ninth annual Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC) this November for three days of learning, laughter and IT love.

Triton Forcepoint AP-WEB

Does anyone out there have experience packaging Triton Forcepoint AP-WEB up for distribution through the JAMF? The current ZIP that I have has two .pkgs included in the folder along with a .cer file, .hsw file & .xml file. I believe the WebsenseEndpoint.pkg kicks off the installer WebsenseEPClassifier.pkg then somehow configures the client with the necessary files. I am looking to combine all these into one .pkg file. An help / direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and have a great holiday season!

Like Comment
Order by:
SOLVED Posted: by rlindenmuth

I'm just starting this process as well. Do you have any tips and tricks you care to pass along?

SOLVED Posted: by cdinges

The best practice is to copy the package to the machine locally then run the command to install the software. My policy does this with great success.

SOLVED Posted: by cpittman1218

Hey Cdinges can you explain how you do this in little deeper detail in regards of the policy you created.

Thank you.

SOLVED Posted: by sax_man424

I am curious as well. Would it be possible to share your script in this post?

SOLVED Posted: by cdinges

Sorry for the delayed response.

Yes, I created a package to deploy the files to a folder on the machine then the policy runs a command to kick off the installer. The command line to run is: sudo /usr/sbin/installer -pkg /Library/Application\ Support/JAMF-CustomApps/triton832607new/WebsenseEndpoint.pkg -target /

According to the vendor this is the best practice.

SOLVED Posted: by jmcdaniel

In theory it should also be possible to create a custom pkg using casper admin with the bundle and deploy that via policy as well. Just an idea, especially now that there are 4 files in the Forcepoint .zip for mac endpoint.

SOLVED Posted: by ctsuda

I've tried the custom package using the install files that come with Websense and was able to get it download to the client. Unfortunately, it downloads to the desktop and the script fails to find the installer files after that. Changing the script to point to the desktop does kick off the installation but then the files remain there and that's something that I want to avoid.

I tried the snapshot method as well and it failed.

Any suggestions?

@stevenadler do you have any recommendations?

SOLVED Posted: by ctsuda

I was actually able to do this with Composer. In speaking with Jamf, I had to put the files in a place where I wanted the files to download to so that the install could run. Then I dropped the files into Composer and had it create my package. I uploaded the package to Jamf and created the policyI then used the script supplied by cdinges with changes to the location of the files that I need to run. It worked after that but the files don't delete after the install, which I'm okay with.

SOLVED Posted: by vgulizio

Do we have a better step by step on this? Just trying to understand how to setup the policy once the package is uploaded to Jamf. Is it setup as an install, and then an option to run a script? Little confused.

Essentially once you have built the package with the Forcepoint Package builder you would upload the file using casper admin.

-You would then want to create a policy to deploy the zip. (ideally with a smart or static group but could be targeted users).

-Then make a second policy that looks for that package already installed and have it run a bash script to run the installer with the sudo prefix.

aka

sudo unzip ./endpoint.zip

sudo ./endpointpackagefile.pkg

The endpoint package (not the classifer.pkg) contains the installer and will call on the other files from the zip so ensure you run the command inside the directory where the zip has been extracted.

I hope this information helps!

Cheers.

NOTE: This should work for the DLP or Web endpoint. Use whatever flags or context paths needed to run in a commandline install in your script.

SOLVED Posted: by vgulizio

Thanks. I had already ended up doing exactly that, and it has been working on every policy push. Information is definitely a help.

Thank you. - Vince

SOLVED Posted: by SimonePS

https://support.forcepoint.com/KBArticle?id=000016604
Deploying Forcepoint Endpoint for MacOS using Jamf

On a side note, how are you authenticating remote users in a FP hybrid cloud deployment?