Casper Share no longer connected to Casper Admin

jgwatson
Contributor

We recently upgraded to the latest version of Jamf, now for some reason we can no longer mount the share when Casper admin starts up.

Error message "The master distribution point could not be mounted."

I can still see the share and connect to the server via the finder on my Mac.

Any ideas? Thanks so much

6 REPLIES 6

Eigger
Contributor III

You get the error because the Share is still mounted. You need to eject the share from the Finder then re-launch CA.

jgwatson
Contributor

Didn't work. This is happening for all of our admins, and it only started after we recently updated. At least that's what we think caused this.

Thanks

stevevalle
Contributor III

Just a thought, try re-adding the passwords to the Read/Write & Read-Only account for your distribution point in the Computer Management settings.

I had to do this with the AD binding user when upgrading the JSS. It's possible it may need to be done for your distribution point users.

dan-snelson
Valued Contributor II

@jgwatson Have you specified a "Workgroup or Domain" in:
Settings > Computer Management > File Share Distribution Points > File Sharing > Workgroup or Domain

If so, try removing it.

Eigger
Contributor III

From what version did you upgrade from? Is your Casper Admin on the same version as your JSS? I know this is too basic of a troubleshooting step, but have you tried rebooting the server? I usually see this error if the share is mounted still on my computer and I tried to open CA. Changing the password on R/W R account fixed my problem before too. If you have multiple DP's and they are 100% synced. Try making one of them the Master DP and try using CA again and see if you can mount that share.

martyuiop1
New Contributor III

@dan.snelson

Thank you! Just encountered this after a client was upgraded to 9.98 (from 9.81) and your response just fixed it.