Database Connection Error

casper100
New Contributor II

Hello,
The previous systems admin trained me for a week and was gone. I do not have much experience on these things. I appreciate any help I can get from all of you.

The problem:
I try to enter into the JSS dashboard through the web address and it gives me an error message.

The following error was encountered: Exception: Exception during pool initialization Please verify the following items: - MySQL is running on localhost - MySQL is accepting network connections - The user jamfsoftware@localhost has been granted privileges to the jamfsoftware database

Any suggestions in how to fix this would be amazing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ryanstayloradob
Contributor

What is your JSS running on? Linux, Windows, macOS? Is your database on a separate server? Was this working before you were trained? Sounds like you should grant user privileges to the database first using the GRANT ALL command in MySQL.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ryanstayloradob
Contributor

What is your JSS running on? Linux, Windows, macOS? Is your database on a separate server? Was this working before you were trained? Sounds like you should grant user privileges to the database first using the GRANT ALL command in MySQL.

casper100
New Contributor II

macOS, it's on a separate server. It was working before and continued to work until about last week. The server was upgraded and I'm sure that had a part in it.

casper100
New Contributor II

Nevermind, problem resolved. Thank you so much.

casper100
New Contributor II

I forgot to turn MySQL back on.

Taboc741
New Contributor III

We had that issue earlier this week. I chalked it up to a failed upgrade to casper 9.97.

Jamf support and I eventually used the flush-hosts command in mysql and everything started talking immediately. Some documentation from mysql on the command is below. Basically I am assuming my app server flooded the mysql server with bad requests and the mysql instance ,detecting a DDOS, turned off access for the app server to protect itself.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/blocked-host.html

Chris

ctktech
New Contributor II

I am running into the same issue as well. Just recently updated to the newest version, and got the same error message above. I am running a Windows server and I have verified that both the Tomcat and MySQL services are running on the server. I did attempt to get into the MySQL command prompt, but unfortunately I do not know the root password. :(

Any thoughts on how I can fix this issue? I want to try to fix it before school resumes tomorrow.

Thanks!

UPDATE: I apologize, the error message is different from this post, so please ignore my message. I will post a new message. Thanks!