Remove Webpage bookmark from desktop

megan_veldhuize
New Contributor

I had a student click "Add to Homescreen" and it created a web app, normally you just hold these down until they wiggle to delete, but when I do that it just wiggles and I have no option of deleting. Any ideas? Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

kaylielove
New Contributor II

Did you ever find a fix for this?

~ Kaylie Love

yahvi_rana
New Contributor II

See if this helps :

From the Home screen, tap the Safari icon .
Tap the Bookmarks icon (lower-right).
Tap Edit (located in the lower-right). ...
Tap the Minus icon located to the left of the bookmark name.
Tap Delete (on the right) to confirm.
Tap Done.

Thanks

gordon_thomas
New Contributor

I'm running into this same issue, but the suggestion by Yahvi_Rana didn't work: the homescreen bookmarks aren't showing up in the list of Bookmarks in Safari. I also checked the App inventory in the Jamf admin dashboard, but they aren't showing up their either.

Any ideas?

nayres
New Contributor

I know that this is an older post, but I have recently run into this as well. I do not see anything that I can do through JAMF to remove the web app and cannot remove it on the individual device. I have not yet attempted to change restriction settings to remove the web app because I am hoping that there will be a way to remove it without going through all of that.

Thanks!

ALA_Matt
New Contributor II

Hi,

I had the same problem. I didn't find a good option other than removing the configuration(s) that restricted users from removing applications, then removing the bookmark, and finally reinstalling the restricted configurations again. I hope JAMF does create an easier way to do this!