Block Little Snitch

paulaust
New Contributor

I have recently had an issue in my environment where a few users have installed Little Snitch onto their machines and its blocking access needed to the machines. Has anyone out together a restricted software definition yet for Little Snitch? If so, what process are you blocking.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

tnielsen
Valued Contributor

Take away their admin rights.

JayDuff
Contributor II

If Little Snitch isn't showing in the Application inventory, you could write an extension attribute that searches the drive for Little Snitch. Next, create a Smart Computer Group for those devices. From there, you could do something as nice as email you when they enter the group, to something as draconian as creating a policy that deletes the binary on recurring check-in.

roiegat
Contributor III

I would use the restrict software method and have it look of the process. If found, kill it and delete it, and notify the user some nasty words to discourage them from doing it again. If I recall correctly restricted software policy works offline as well. So if Little Snitch is blocking JAMF Pro traffic, the policy should still kick in and remove the app.

That, and take their admin rights away.