Does Casper Imaging in 9.93 enable ARD by default?

MadPossum
New Contributor III

Hi,

I know this seems like a naive question but I think I remember that in newer versions of Casper, there was no need to have a firstboot script to kickstart ard? IIRC screensharing would be on but the check box in SysPrefs>Sharing wouldn't be ticked and only the management account would have rights to screenshare on the box? Maybe?

The reason I ask is that lately machines that are going through Casper imaging don't have ARD enabled at all...

I use AutoCasperNBI to build my NBI's and do't do anything more exotic than that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

canopimp
New Contributor III

No it does not. You will need to do that following imaging via a script. I have a policy setup in our environment that enables ARD for our local admin account and then I use an Extention Attribute to check to see if ARD is enabled. If it is not, then I have a policy run the script again to keep ARD enabled on the machines. The ARD script if aviailable from the JAMFNation scripts section here.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

canopimp
New Contributor III

No it does not. You will need to do that following imaging via a script. I have a policy setup in our environment that enables ARD for our local admin account and then I use an Extention Attribute to check to see if ARD is enabled. If it is not, then I have a policy run the script again to keep ARD enabled on the machines. The ARD script if aviailable from the JAMFNation scripts section here.

MadPossum
New Contributor III

Thank you @canopimp That's gonna save from a really deep rabbit hole :)