iMovie difficult to install

Tolandese
Contributor

In the past few months I have had to reinstall iMovie multiple times to our iPads. Whenever I try it fails and the message is "The app with iTunes Store ID 377298193 is already scheduled for management". Some of the other apple apps do it now and again, but iMovie does it EVERY time. It takes a combination of push/inventory update/refresh VPP codes OVER AND OVER AND OVER until it finally just works. Has anyone else had these difficulties?

7 REPLIES 7

ChrisRupert
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I've seen that message before, for us, that message indicates that the app is currently trying to be installed and I think the JSS doesn't realize it's in the process of installing or updating and that's the message I get. If I wait a while and clear that message and do a push/inventory refresh it works. I know iMovie is a big install on the iPads.

Tolandese
Contributor

Thanks for the response. Does it show up as pending command or failed command?

ChrisRupert
Release Candidate Programs Tester

It will show up as a failed command.

Tolandese
Contributor

Have you been seeing any other issues? I have also had it where the app just stops working on groups of iPads. I have emailed my rep about it but I would like to know if these are global issues.

Tolandese
Contributor

Have you been seeing any other issues? I have also had it where the app just stops working on groups of iPads. I have emailed my rep about it but I would like to know if these are global issues.

listec
New Contributor III

Similar issue, but slightly different...

The error I receive when trying to automatically install is "Device does not meet app minimum requirements." However, app will install just fine via Self Service; it just will not automatically install.

56b348e06fd4454b9bdc038b8a95dd0d

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

It is probably a device that does not have iOS 11. The latest Apple apps require it and you get this error. You would hope that it would auto-install the previous version but I'm not sure if it does, sorry.