Smart groups

abdo_iracheta
New Contributor III

I'm recently started to use JSS so I still don't know how to use it very well, I have 2 PreStage Enrollments, let's call them "Enroll to Domain A" and "Enroll to Domain B", also, I have 2 static groups "Domain A" and "Domain B", but, I've notice that if the computer was never enrolled before, I can't add it in the static group, Is there a way to create a smart group that can assign the computer based in the PreStage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thoule
Valued Contributor II

It's been a while since I've done this one. But if I remember right, in my prestage, I set the Department hard coded to 'DomainA'. Then I had a smart group of all computers in DomainA. From there, a policy that would bind to DomainA and would set the owner to the actual owner (overwritting the department assigned by the prestage).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

thoule
Valued Contributor II

It's been a while since I've done this one. But if I remember right, in my prestage, I set the Department hard coded to 'DomainA'. Then I had a smart group of all computers in DomainA. From there, a policy that would bind to DomainA and would set the owner to the actual owner (overwritting the department assigned by the prestage).

abdo_iracheta
New Contributor III

Thanks, I'll will test it

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

I think it would be easier to just do a smart group with the criteria of "Enrollment Method: PreStage enrollment is 'DomainA'" and another for DomainB.