Kaspersky Installer Fails Verification

nomeelnoj
New Contributor III

Has anyone else noticed that the Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Mac installer is failing verification now?

I tried installing the package I created that includes our license file and it continually fails. I noticed that when I try to use the Kaspersky distributed installer by hand (not repackaged with license and not deployed by JSS policy) the installer will succeed although it starts with a warning that the signing certificate has expired.

I opened a support request with Kaspersky and they shared a version of the installer that does not include this warning.

However, when I repackaged this with our license file, it still fails when run by JSS policy.

The error I am receiving is "the package could not be verified".

Any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1

nomeelnoj
New Contributor III

Just wanted to provide an update in case anyone found this and is having the same issue. I have not yet tested the most recent version that Kaspersky has released on their websites, but I contacted Kaspersky support and they were able to provide me with an alternate installer that has the correct certificate, and now the install no longer fails.

I imagine this was just a temporary issue as Kasperksy engineers were not aware the cert was expiring and had to load a new one into the software package.