Use alternate path for AD users network home

martyuiop1
New Contributor III

At a loss here. I need to redirect AD users network homes to a different path than the one in their AD profile for a client using Casper. This is easy with Centrify but can't work out a scriptable method.

It's easy enough to mount wherever with a LaunchAgent script and if all I needed to do was mount that as a desktop alias that would be fine. But can't work out how to set the users actual home dir to it. I could symlink I suppose but if I recall correctly this freaks out a lot of software.

Is anyone doing this and if so how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martyuiop1
New Contributor III

Would still be interested to know if there's a non-centrify route to do this, however: My main concern about not wanting to do this was I had thought this was only possible via the paid Centrify version using the Zone Provisioning Agent (and client already paying for Casper). Just found that this can be setup using Centrify Express with AutoZone and just setting the path for auto.schema.homedir in /private/etc/centrifydc/centrifydc.conf

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

martyuiop1
New Contributor III

Would still be interested to know if there's a non-centrify route to do this, however: My main concern about not wanting to do this was I had thought this was only possible via the paid Centrify version using the Zone Provisioning Agent (and client already paying for Casper). Just found that this can be setup using Centrify Express with AutoZone and just setting the path for auto.schema.homedir in /private/etc/centrifydc/centrifydc.conf