LDAP Attribute Mapping - Extension Attribute

May
Contributor III

Hi all

I'm trying to understand the process involved in obtaining LDAP user attributes with using Extension Attribute.

I can see the option LDAP Attribute Mapping, should it just be a case of adding the attribute name that i want to report on or are there more steps involved ? (as that's not working)

5392e449072c4716b0e1d59efec9a036

We have an LDAP server and correct mappings in the JSS, and inventory collection is set to Collect user and location information from LDAP.

There are a couple of attributes i want to report on, i'm getting the names from Directory Utility;

in the /All Domains Node/; dsAttrTypeNative:memberOf
in the /Contacts/ Node; dsAttrTypeNative:msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress

any pointers would be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

danny_hanes
Contributor

I am working on this now actually, and I have been using this list of LDAP attributes. You just type the attribute you want in the box and hit save. Then update your inventory on a machine and it should populate. This is of course assume that you have a user associated with that machine. You can verify that by looking at the User and Location section on the computer record.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

danny_hanes
Contributor

I am working on this now actually, and I have been using this list of LDAP attributes. You just type the attribute you want in the box and hit save. Then update your inventory on a machine and it should populate. This is of course assume that you have a user associated with that machine. You can verify that by looking at the User and Location section on the computer record.

May
Contributor III

Thanks @dhanes

I Just tested with the Mobile attribute and that works, i think i may have been using incorrect format

These 2 work to see if Skype for Business has been configured for the user.

msRTCSIP-UserEnabled
msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress

Thanks again!

callen
New Contributor

what is the string for description

jche
New Contributor

just tried this with

data type: integer
Input type: LDAP attribute mapping
LDAP attribute: 512 (514 for disabled)