Creative Cloud app isn't autoupdating

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

I recently discovered that our Creative Cloud desktop app hasn't autoupdated in about 6 months. It used to autoupdate itself just fine... then it just seemed to stop. When I discovered this a couple weeks ago I had to manually download and run the CC app installer to bring them up to the version that was available at that time (3.9.5.353). This morning I saw on JamfNation that 4.0.0.185 is available. Our CC desktop apps are still not updating. There's no "Update Now" or "Check for updates" button to click. The "Check for App Updates" menu item only checks for the actual apps, not the desktop app. I've run the RemoteUpdateManager and it doesn't show any updates for the desktop app. To answer your first question: I am not using the CreativeCloudPackager for our deployments because it created far too much work for me to stay on top of the variety of installations.

Is anyone else not seeing their CC desktop app not autoupdate in recent months? is there a way to force the CC Desktop app to update?

5 REPLIES 5

s_gaynor
New Contributor III

I noticed this. I've been building the core components using CCP and pushing out updates manually. You can alternatively build and download the core components using Adobe Enterprise Dashboard in a browser (if you have access to that).

Having said that, version 4.0.0.185 (which now downloads as 4.0.0.188) is a bit of a mystery. Adobe Enterprise Dashboard says that my package that installs 3.4.3.189 is up to date and any new version I create and install only gives me 3.4.3.189. If I install using the publicly available Creative Cloud Installer on the URL listed by JAMF it installs 4.0.0.188.

As usual with Adobe, who knows what is going on.

RobertBasil
Contributor

We just run the Adobe Remote Update Manager once every few weeks to update all of our Adobe CC software. It updates the desktop app on those computers that we have it installed on.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/using-remote-update-manager.html

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

@RobertBasil I've tried that but it doesn't appear that RUM updates the desktop app. It only updates the actual CC apps (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc). Adobe's website only says this about updating the desktop app:

Update the Creative Cloud desktop app When you relaunch the Creative Cloud desktop app, you'll be prompted to update it. If you do not relaunch the app, you'll get an update notification in 24 hours. Click Update to download and install the latest version, and then relaunch the app.

The problem I'm experiencing is that it no longer does that for us. :-

s_gaynor
New Contributor III

I can confirm that RUM does not update the core components such as Creative Cloud.app, all my clients are still on 3.9.5.353, I'm not sure it ever has updated these.

I've raised a call with Adobe Support because at this time I have no way of deploying the 4.0* updates short of creating a package with Composer.

s_gaynor
New Contributor III

Official line I received from Adobe Enterprise Support is:

"Remote Update Manager does not update Creative Cloud Desktop app."

4.0* versions of Core Components have been delayed because of a "last minute bug that was identified with Proxy which can affect Enterprise users" but should be available through CCP or Enterprise Dashboard in the next few days.