When scoping to only some policies, Computer Groups are missing and vanishing.

SeanRussell
New Contributor II

So strange thing has happened. Computer Groups are randomly vanishing from scopes on some policies, but only certain ones. This is obviously a huge deal as it's breaking scopes.

This also effects newly created policies sometimes. For instance, I created an office policy to push office to All Computers, excluding computers with Office already installed. After saving, that scope is gone, and if I go back into edit and click Computer Groups, there are zero computer groups available to select. Shows No Data in the Table.

Any ideas on this one? The groups are obviously there, and very selectable in other policies. Only certain ones are showing the Computer Groups fields as empty.

Like I said, this randomly affected a bunch of policies I had already created as well. Very aggravating and I basically had to delete or disable the policies until I can figure this out.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

SeanRussell
New Contributor II

I should also clarify that Computers are still available, as well as every other scoping target like Buildings and Departments. Just Computer Groups showing as empty.

millersc
Valued Contributor

Which jamf version are you using? Hosted or local?

SeanRussell
New Contributor II

Local

millersc
Valued Contributor

Version?