MAS Self Service Description showing up as 'null'

yan1212
Contributor

Does anyone have an easy fix for this?

The description in Self Service is displayed correctly at first but then changes once the app is saved.

7444a027ddad49579f9c79e1fe94d1b4

10 REPLIES 10

jmariani
Contributor

This is happening to all our Mac App store apps as well. Does anyone have a fix for this?

pdw
New Contributor

I'm experiencing this problem as well.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

For me this seems to be triggered if you go back into a Mac App Store App configuration after creating it and try to edit the Self Service info. Following the adage "Doctor, it hurts when I do this..." I try never to do that, but if I do, deleting and re-creating the MAS configuration for the app seems to be the only way to restore the description.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor II

When we reported the issue we were told there is a Defect or Product Issue filed. We have to do the same when it happens here too.

--
https://donmontalvo.com

pdw
New Contributor

@sdagley - Yep, that does it all right. Looks like I've got some fun ahead of me...

@donmontalvo - Did they mention the ID number? I'd like to track the status on this one.

Sonic84
Contributor III

Hello, I'm still seeing this issue for new VPP apps in jamfPro 10.16. Did anyone find any ways to resolve this issue?

j_meister
Contributor II

I have the problem, too!

palmeida
New Contributor III

Old problem, just never fixed

j_meister
Contributor II

Support told me this is a product issue (PI-007184) and it will get fixed with the 10.20 release. I hope 10.20 is not that far away...

dstranathan
Valued Contributor II

Bump June 2021: All Apple "iWork" VPP/MAS apps in Self Service still show "Null" in the Description field.

Jamf Pro/Self Service version 10.29.1
Keynote/Numbers/Pages version 11.1

ecd5de40dc2d4811a59d25a18a739981

5f3e5b55062f4add8dddcf7ce8cea7f3