JSS 9.98, Disabled API and Unable to Create Invitations

bmarks
Contributor II

While upgrading to JSS 9.98 over the weekend, I encountered an issue and I am curious to see if anyone else experienced this. In 9.97, I had disabled the API by adding this line to the appropriate section of the web.xml file: <servlet-name>RestletServlet</servlet-name>

This is JAMF's documented way of doing this. However, after upgrading to 9.98, our provisioners could no longer image Macs. Upon clicking the "Image" button, they were immediately prompted with an error stating "Unable to create an invitation. Check to make sure that you have permission to create an invitation."

After reading basically every JAMFNation thread mentioning this error and after working with JAMF support Sunday night into Monday morning, we finally realized that the issue was disabling the API. After removing the line from the web.xml file, the errors went away. As a side note, all methods of enrollment were failing. A similar error was displayed when trying to create a QuickAdd package.

Has anyone else had this experience with a modified web.xml file that disables the API? I was still able to move the API folder itself out of the ROOT folder in order to disable the documentation.

0 REPLIES 0