Sierra and Jamf Pro

gskibum
Contributor III

So I'm finally sticking my toe in the water and testing out Sierra. I'm having some issues with checking in, inventory, running policies etc.

On one JSS and one test box it seems to get stuck running policies. This starts after a few days if enrollment. When I see in the JSS that a box hasn't checked in for some time, I cannot run "jamf policy" or "jamf recon." The message is that policies are already running. I was also not able to run removeFramework without going into a safe boot. After that I was able to enroll the device.

Now it's back to being stuck running policies and it's hung checking policies on the logout screen.

I haven't ruled out coincidence but the last policy that has successfully run is the one liner:

/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -activate -configure -access -on -restart -agent -privs -all

On another JSS and another box (a brand new MBP with Sierra preinstalled) a very similar thing is happening, except I didn't need to safe boot to run removeFramework. However the QuickAdd I created with Recon doesn't work on this box, while it does work on another test box I have.

I was able to reenroll via browser. So far this device is still checking in.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

StoneMagnet
Contributor III

@gskibum Have you looked to see what policies your JSS thinks are in scope (Policies under the Management tab in the device's computer record) for your Sierra test machine to see if there are any that weren't appropriate?

gskibum
Contributor III

@StoneMagnet

I have, although there is definitely room for a closer look. There are only 10 policies in scope so it won't take long.

bvrooman
Valued Contributor

What version of the JSS are you using to test?