Core Storage Deletion Error - revisited

mconners
Valued Contributor

Hello Everyone,

Quick question, we are seeing issues with brand new MacBook Pros with touchbars when NetBooted, the core storage is not being deleted. I haven't tested with new iMacs however.

If we launch disk utility first and before Casper imaging running, it is fine.

I use AutoDMG to create our OS, then I put the OS into AutoCasperNBI to build the NetBoot set and I have selected the modified rc.netboot file. This is with the latest macOS Sierra. We had this a week ago with 10.12.4. I haven't tested with the latest 10.12.5..but I don't think it would have changed for this specific issue.

Is there something different I am not doing right?

Any suggestions to try to get around this?

Thanks Everyone.

3 REPLIES 3

Look
Valued Contributor III

How are you attempting to delete the Core Storage? Just by ticking the box or are you running a script?
We have a scripted solution that seems to work okay although that has it's own pitfalls.

sim_crofts
New Contributor

Just wanted to chime in and mention that I've been having the exact same issue when imaging the new 2016 MacBook Pros using the same process as mconners to create the netboot.

Perhaps the issue lies in the netboot creation method?

mconners
Valued Contributor

Thank you @sim.crofts for confirming this. I was pulling, what little hair I had left, out. JAMF support had a suggestion of checking permissions on the drive before we image, but I haven't received new systems to try it out.