Alternatives to PatchooDeploy

el2493
Contributor III

The tech who was managing our JSS before me used PatchooDeploy (https://github.com/patchoo/patchoo/blob/master/docs/_index.md) in imaging and set it up so that after the computer was imaged with base OS in Casper Imaging it would restart and then wait on a screen for a tech to set a specific extension attribute (for example, Building) and then based on that it would call a custom trigger that would install all the software that we wanted on computers in that specific building.

I should say, that's how it's supposed to work. In reality it works less than 20% of the time, and more often than not it gets to the first PatchooDeploy screen (where it says "Provisioning") and then just reboots without waiting for the extension attribute or checking to see if it's enrolled (which is supposed to be the first step).

Is anyone else using anything that works similarly? We have the need for multiple configurations on our JSS and like the fact that PatchooDeploy (when it works) gives a running list of what software is being installed (rather than just staying at a generic "The imaging pocess is finishing installing software" screen). Since PatchooDeploy was marked as ALPHA on the website in 2014, I'm not sure if they're still working on it or if it's abandoned.

0 REPLIES 0