Valid Client ID codes for directory binding with preStage Enrollments

brandonalexande
New Contributor

The subject kind of says it all. I'm looking for valid client id tags to use in the preStage enrollment directory payload. $SERIALNUMBER works, but i'd prefer to be able to get username-mbp working and would like to know what the options are.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

psliequ
Contributor III

The variables listed in the Administrator's guide seem to work with some caveats.

http://docs.jamf.com/9.99.0/casper-suite/administrator-guide/Computer_Configuration_Profiles.html

$USERNAME will only work if you've captured the enrolling user's name by requiring authentication to complete enrollment.
$BUILDING, $DEPARTMENT would probably only work if you had created buildings and departments in Jamf Pro that matched existing locations in your directory system and those locations were used inside of a user record. I haven't tested every one but the ones that just pull data from the hardware definitely work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

psliequ
Contributor III

The variables listed in the Administrator's guide seem to work with some caveats.

http://docs.jamf.com/9.99.0/casper-suite/administrator-guide/Computer_Configuration_Profiles.html

$USERNAME will only work if you've captured the enrolling user's name by requiring authentication to complete enrollment.
$BUILDING, $DEPARTMENT would probably only work if you had created buildings and departments in Jamf Pro that matched existing locations in your directory system and those locations were used inside of a user record. I haven't tested every one but the ones that just pull data from the hardware definitely work.

brandonalexande
New Contributor

that's exactly the info i was looking for. I think i'm going to go the route of naming the machine based on our convention and then binding to then use policy to bind using the computer name. I'll look at what further automation can be done, but that may be best i can do, since our naming scheme is FirstInitialLastName-MBP. Thanks for the help!