Whitelist Netboot Server to allow bless command to boot to netboot server.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I have been trying to setup the bless netboot server in the image creation using System Image Utility. My workflow is Define Image Source (with OS that is setup the way I want the netboot OS to run). Bless Netboot Server with the netboot server IP address added. Create Image as Netboot with name El Capitan and description. I run this and it creates a netboot. I boot my computers that are on a different subnet to the netboot server using system preferences to choose the correct netboot. They boot to the network and image. Once they have imaged, I still can't bless them to boot to the netboot.

I need to be able to send a bless command to my lab computers to boot to the netboot os so that they can reimage. I understand that the reason it does not work is due to system integrity protection. I have seen both the apple support page about the issue and this https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/411/booting-a-macos-10-11-or-later-computer-to-a-netboot-image-using-a-policy-or-casper-remote but neither seem to be giving me info that I need.

0 REPLIES 0