Cisco AnyConnect Certificates

mapurcel
Contributor III

We currently deploy Cisco AnyConnect with a user certificate stored in the login keychain. Because the login keychain is often recreated by our admin users as part of password troubleshooting, we are looking at authenticating against a device certificate in the System keychain instead, does anyone have experience doing this? thanks

6 REPLIES 6

tep
Contributor II

Check out https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/10042/cisco-anyconnect-3-1-04072-10-9-and-admin-credentials

We ended up putting the certs outside the keychain, and using a custom xml to point to them. Works well.

mapurcel
Contributor III

@tep thanks for the response. Because of the way our certificates expire/renew, we need to deploy them via Configuration Profile so I'm looking to see if there is a way to do that via System Keychain specifically..

I take it that you don't deploy your certificates via Configuration Profile if you are putting them outside of the keychain?

tep
Contributor II

@mapurcel For this specific use, I package up the .pem and .key certs and place them in /opt/.cisco/certificates/client/ and /opt/.cisco/certificates/client/private, respectively.

Stubakka
Contributor II

@tep I wrote you on Twitter, but I actually need help with this very thing if your willing to explain it to me. Im in situation right now where I also would like to store the user Cert VPN wants, outside of keychain and also having issues with Cisco VPN prompting for admin to access system keychain (non admin users) when they try to connect

tep
Contributor II

@Stubakka I just replied to your twitter msg. :-)

drwjamf-admins
New Contributor

@Stubakka @tep Would either of you be willing to do a quick write up of the steps involved in this? Our Cisco admins are trying to implement user certs for AnyConnect and we're having a difficult time getting it off the ground for testing and deployment. How do we generate the certs to begin with? Thanks!