Profiles not being removed when deprovisioning device.

lpadmin
Contributor

I have to Macbook Airs that I am deprovisioning. When i run the command below. It gives a list of items being removed like normal. Except when i go to System Preferences I still have a Profiles icon and things are grayed out like it is still enrolled.

I have tried re-enrolling it and running the command again with no luck. If I try to run any Jamf script in terminal after running the one below I get the message "sudo jamf: command not found"

sudo jamf removeFramework

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scott_mielke
New Contributor

Good afternoon, David!

I suggest reaching out to us and opening a support ticket but I believe this might be tied to DEP.

Was this device original enrolled via DEP Prestage with the setting to disallow the MDM profile removal configured? That would potentially explain why you cannot locally remove those profiles.

Have you attempted removing the MDM profile by navigating to the inventory record of the machine in the JSS and sending the command to remove MDM profile?

Try that and let us know how that goes.

Thanks!

Scott Mielke
Jamf

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

lpadmin
Contributor

scott_mielke
New Contributor

Good afternoon, David!

I suggest reaching out to us and opening a support ticket but I believe this might be tied to DEP.

Was this device original enrolled via DEP Prestage with the setting to disallow the MDM profile removal configured? That would potentially explain why you cannot locally remove those profiles.

Have you attempted removing the MDM profile by navigating to the inventory record of the machine in the JSS and sending the command to remove MDM profile?

Try that and let us know how that goes.

Thanks!

Scott Mielke
Jamf

lpadmin
Contributor

It was a setting in the DEP.