Flash 26.0.0.137 Patch Reporting - not reporting correctly

May
Contributor III

Hi all,

just testing with the latest release of Flash from https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution5.html

a191d62524a3496f90b89933aa44b777

I installed it on a test machine and ran recon but it doesn't show up in the Patch reporting, it still shows the previous version for this machine.

I've ;
deleted and re-added the Flash Player Patch
restarted MySQL on our JSS
tested on a 2nd machine and ran recon

If i take the Extension Attribute from the Flash Player Patch and run it locally it reports the correct version as 26.0.0.137

#!/usr/bin/env bash
##############################################################################
# A script to collect the version of Adobe Flash Player currently installed. #
# If flash is not installed "Not Installed" will return back                 #
##############################################################################
RESULT="Not Installed"

if [ -f "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/version.plist" ] ; then
    RESULT=$( /usr/bin/defaults read "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/version.plist" CFBundleVersion )
fi

echo "<result>$RESULT</result>"

am i missing something obvious here ? (probably!)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

May
Contributor III

Thanks @calvins

It's fixed now

It had been reporting incorrectly for a few days. i'd also noticed that it wasn't reporting the installed version of Office but showing the earlier version.

I needed to restart the server for something else and it's all now reporting correctly, i suspect it may have been messed up in mysql.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

calvins
New Contributor III

Have you tried just waiting? Seems like it usually takes ~5-10 mins after a recon before the patch compliance is re-calculated.

Patch Reporting for Flash Player NPAPI is working fine for us with 26.0.0.137, I packed it this morning and sent it out and the numbers are rising.

May
Contributor III

May
Contributor III

Thanks @calvins

It's fixed now

It had been reporting incorrectly for a few days. i'd also noticed that it wasn't reporting the installed version of Office but showing the earlier version.

I needed to restart the server for something else and it's all now reporting correctly, i suspect it may have been messed up in mysql.