Papercut Client permission error when deploying to macs

cwood
New Contributor II

Hi All, I am having an issue when I am deploying the Papercut Client to our Macs. I have packaged the PCClient via Composer by dragging the app into Composer, also by taking a snapshot to create a DMG and Package to see if either of these work but unfortunately I keep coming up with the same error. I have checked to make sure the permission are set correct on the machine with composer installed and have run the app on this machine before completing the snapshot and package.

Any help will be much appreciated as I am at present it looks like I might have to send it out remotely or go to each mac and add this app.

Thanks, Chris
437c1a5c544f43619f5b355d6e91f507 68c8090810474eb18111167cffc6398f
abb9284b335341339ba19d097e4d1732

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

danielc29
New Contributor III

b472ccd9aa3f4596944a48d1d0e3fd71
@cwood I currently deploy Papercut in my environment. I've attached a screenshot of the permissions I'm using on the working application. I deploy it as a pkg. I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jduvalmtb
Contributor

I'm currently testing PaperCut without using the JSS but have used the mac installers on the clients. /Applications/PaperCut NG/client/mac

danielc29
New Contributor III

b472ccd9aa3f4596944a48d1d0e3fd71
@cwood I currently deploy Papercut in my environment. I've attached a screenshot of the permissions I'm using on the working application. I deploy it as a pkg. I hope this helps.

cwood
New Contributor II

@danielc29 Thanks for pointing this out. I have made a couple of changes to my package using the same settings as the screenshot and it's now working.

Thanks again

lehmanp00
Contributor III

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am still having issues with the Papercut Client. I have the rights the same as above in my install .pkg but when another user logs in, the App in /Applications is greyed out with the circle/slash and Finder says the app has zero bytes. These are AD logins. On 10.13.

Never mind I figured it out. In Composer, where I set the permissions for the .app, I had to click on the 'Advanced(?)' wheel in the bottom right and "Apply permissions to all enclosed items".

lehmanp00
Contributor III

I had the permissions right in the .pkg but it still wasn't installing with the right permissions using a policy. So I created a quick script to set the permissions of the .app at install.

#!/bin/sh

chown -R root /Applications/PCClient.app/
chmod -R 777 /Applications/PCClient.app/

That seems to be working; at least on the 1 test Mac I have.

FrozenWaltDisne
New Contributor III

Just a note. Careful with the auto-run on that application. If it doesn't connect it can constantly re-open for the user out of office. I would suggest to change that functionality in the plist, disable the auto-launch, or move the application to start on launch (not controlled by plist)