AutoPkgr error "missing trust info"

jlbrown
New Contributor

I'm having issues getting AutoPkgr to work. (It used to). Error I'm getting is:

WARNING: com.github.jss-recipes.jss.MicrosoftExcel is missing trust info and FAIL_RECIPES_WITHOUT_TRUST_INFO is not set. Proceeding... str returned non-string (type Error) Could not find parent recipe for local.download.AutoPkgr A Python exception occurred during the execution of autopkg, see the system log for more details. [ERROR] TypeError: 'NoneType' object does not support item assignment

Any ideas re what could be causing this, and how to fix?

JSS 9.99.0, hosted on a Mac running Sierra.

Thanks,

James.

8 REPLIES 8

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

The "missing trust info" is just a warning and not causing a failure. What is causing a failure is that the recipe you are using with an ID of "com.github.jss-recipes.jss.MicrosoftExcel" is looking for a recipe that is not found ("local.download.AutoPkgr") in any of the repos you have added.

mjsanders
New Contributor III

see autopkg wiki page for recipe trust You can disable checking trust info (as versions before 1.0 did), but that is not recommended.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

For the trust info, create a local override for that recipe and run that. The local override will include the necessary trust info.

That said, the comments from others about missing the parent recipe will also need to be fixed. local.download.AutoPkgr looks like a local override file as well. I'd probably either update or re-install autopkg and autopkgr to fix that.

jlbrown
New Contributor

Thanks all for your replies.

You are right David - the local.download.AutoPkgr recipe was created I think by running autopkgrfix.sh, a script that someone else on jamfNation wrote to fix the trust issue.

I think I'll just re-install AutoPkg and AutoPkgr.

Thanks,
James.

jlbrown
New Contributor

Uninstalling AutoPkgr was easy - just hold down Option key when double-clicking on the installer.

I thought I'd deleted everything for AutoPkg, but after reinstalling everything, I'm still getting errors:

WARNING: com.github.autopkg.download.MSExcel2016 is missing trust info and FAIL_RECIPES_WITHOUT_TRUST_INFO is not set. Proceeding... WARNING: com.github.autopkg.install.MSExcel2016 is missing trust info and FAIL_RECIPES_WITHOUT_TRUST_INFO is not set. Proceeding... No valid recipe found for io.github.hjuutilainen.VirusTotalAnalyzer No valid recipe found for local.download.AutoPkgr No valid recipe found for File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: r File. No valid recipe found for File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: r Doesn't. No valid recipe found for File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: r Exist,. No valid recipe found for File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: r Will. No valid recipe found for File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: r Create:. No valid recipe found for File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: r r. No valid recipe found for File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: r com.github.autopkg.arubdesu-recipes.download.Office2016Suite.. No valid recipe found for File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: r com.github.autopkg.pkg.AdobeReader.. No valid recipe found for File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: r com.github.autopkg.download.AdobeReaderDC.. More details have been logged to the system.log

It's really starting to drive me nuts!

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester
com.github.autopkg.download.MSExcel2016

That's a recipe & not an override.

You need to create overrides for every recipe, the overrides are "stamped" with the trust info. Which contains hash's & details of the git commits of the recipe when the override was created.

This is all to stop somone changing a recipe & it having an adverse affect.

With the trust info, you're "WARNED" that something has changed.

The "no valid recipe" errors look like typo's (the "r's") or things added which are not recipes (virustotalanalyser).

AutoPkgr creates a "recipe_list.txt" file in ~/Library/Application Support/AutoPkgr (I think that's the location)... edit that (removing the typo's & uneeded recipes) & relaunch AutoPkgr

jlbrown
New Contributor

Thanks bentoms. I edited that file (you were right about the location) and it was full of all the text that I was getting in the error.

Opened AutoPkgr, deselected everything, then added the JSS-recipies.git repository and one of the recipes.

Now I get:

A Python exception occurred during the execution of autopkg, see the system log for more details. [ERROR] EOFError: EOF when reading a line

The recipe_list.txt file just has:

com.github.jss-recipes.jss.AdobeFlashPlayer

in it.

Same thing if I change it to:

com.github.jss-recipes.jss.Office2011Update

jlbrown
New Contributor

Seem to be getting somewhere. It now downloads the packages. Problem now is that it does not seem to add them to JSS. I'll start a new topic for this.

Thanks again for your help in getting me this far.