Problems with editing Self Service Icons/Colours on JSS server

Backoffice
New Contributor III

Good morning all (morning where I am at least!)

I'm having some trouble with customising my Self Service. I'm going off of the wonderful guide here by Emily Kausalik.

My JSS is running on windows 10. I am trying to edit my login logo, and the default background colour of the login screen (referred to as JAMF BLUE by Emily) - I have set the corresponding values on the relevant .css files, (located at C:Program FilesJSSTomcatwebappsROOTstylesheetsosxselfserviceSelfService

And replaced the default login logo (located at C:Program FilesJSSTomcatwebappsROOTuiimagesselfservice2)

The relevant values and files in both of these folders are showing as what I have set them as (i.e. the changes worked),

Yet these settings aren't pulling through to my actual Self Service app, this is after a machine restart, a SS refresh/close/reopen etc

Is there some obvious mistake that I am making? Some of these changed were made hours ago, I would have thought they would have taken effect by now...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Backoffice
New Contributor III

So, I think I've discovered the problem, relaunched a new instance of Self Service, right clicked on the background and hit 'reload', and everything changed - previously I had been hitting CMD+R to refresh, I guess that didn't work, as it seemed to reload the self service interface itself, and not the actual html window!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Backoffice
New Contributor III

I've also changed some of the JSS features......supplanting the standard Login logo with one of my company, and that seems to have pulled through after about a day, but no luck with the self service features.

Do I need to restart the server or something? Is there another step that I need to take?

Backoffice
New Contributor III

So, I think I've discovered the problem, relaunched a new instance of Self Service, right clicked on the background and hit 'reload', and everything changed - previously I had been hitting CMD+R to refresh, I guess that didn't work, as it seemed to reload the self service interface itself, and not the actual html window!