Cannot Delete Extension Attributes

bmarks
Contributor II

I do not seem to be able to delete any of the custom extension attributes that we have created. The spinning gear in a browser just spins and the page never reloads.

5 REPLIES 5

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

@bmarks, what release is this happening on? And have you tried other browsers to see if its the same in all of them?

bmarks
Contributor II

@mm2270 I've tried Chrome (my main work browser) and Safari. Our JSS is running version 9.99. However, something just changed. Earlier, I would attempt to delete one and the page would never refresh. I left the browser window sitting for up to 30 minutes. When I'd leave the Extension Attributes section to do other work and then come back to that section, the entries were still in the list. However, just now I went to the Extension Attributes page after about 2 hours, and the two I had tried to delete earlier are now gone from the list. I guess there's a severe delay in deleting mine? I'll try again.

jrwilcox
Contributor

We have seen this in a large environment. When you delete the EA it goes into every inventory in the database and removes it.

bmarks
Contributor II

@jrwilcox I assume you would consider 25,000 - 30,000 Macs (no mobile devices) a large environment?

jrwilcox
Contributor

Yep!