AutoDMG - UpdateProfiles.plist to test 10.13 Beta

stutz
Contributor

Does anyone know how to update the UpdateProfiles.plist so it can be used in the AutoDMG app to create a .dmg to start testing the 10.13 beta's? I would like to throw the OS in Deploy Studio so I can do a bunch of testing.

And yes I've already tried to update the plist file. It doesn't seem to be taking the 17A315i build (or any beta build:
https://github.com/MagerValp/AutoDMGUpdateProfiles/blob/master/README.md

Or anyone suggest another way to image a computer to test 10.13 beta (besides using VMWare Fusion or using a USB).

8 REPLIES 8

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

This should help you out.

AutoDMG-1.8b531

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

@jhbush1973 thanks for that.
it said it was an unknown build version, but seems to let me build it anyway.

stutz
Contributor

I got an error:

"InstallInfo.plist failed with return code 1"

:(

Its showing Unknown build 17A315i. At least it was further that I got before.

pnbahry
New Contributor III

@stutz Don't forget to add the .plist to the machine you are running AutoDMG on, you can download it from here:

https://github.com/MagerValp/AutoDMGUpdateProfiles/tree/8da63598b521f4bdce8f17120cff83aaf1eb556d

I just put the UpdateProfiles.plist in a config profile and I no longer got the code 1 error.

stutz
Contributor

Thanks all, this worked.

BCPeteo
Contributor II

So is autoDMG working with APFS?

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

I copied and pasted the GitHub updated plist contents into the existing plist, and AutoDMG beta wouldn't let me select the Hi-C installer. Am I doing it wrong?

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

so i see that UpdateProfiles.plist in GitHub but i'm not exactly sure what to do with it.

I have a computer with the beta installed and autoDMG ready to create the .dmg. but what exactly do i do with this UpdateProfiles.plist ?

am i supposed to put that single file somewhere? if so, where? do i run the install.sh ?

i use the autodmg 1.8b531

i do all this but then get. InstallInfo.plist failed with return code 1