Lync

Its-AllGood
New Contributor

Afternoon All,

Im trying to set up Lync on some mac's but send it out with a few items disabled.

The main issue we've got is when Lync and Outlook are running together they use 90% CPU due to Outlook looking to Lync to see if a contact is online.

I need to try figure out how to tell Lync (or / and) Outlook to not look to each other to check a contact online status.

Ive started looking at the P List File for both apps but haven't come across a great deal. Just wondering if anyone else has done this before or knows how to.

Lync Preferences for P list Files:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj945442(v=office.14).aspx

Versions in use:

Outlook: 15.36.1
Lync: 14.4.3

3 REPLIES 3

erowan
New Contributor III

Is Skype for Business 2016 an option? My understanding was that Lync 2011 (14.4.3) for Office 2011 was replaced by Skype for Business 2016 for Office 2016. At any rate, that's how I pair them for deployment.

ooshnoo
Valued Contributor

I could be wrong, but I believe Lync 2011 will no longer be supported by MS come October. You should really consider using SfB instead.

Its-AllGood
New Contributor

We could use Skype for Business 2016 if it worked with our Lync 2011 server. But from what I've seen on the internet it doesn't work?

When I've download Skype for business from the Skype website it doesn't work? I don't know if theres a different version i should be trying.