iOS development environment

tak10
Contributor II

Our company is going to start experimenting iOS development environment. What type of environment is needed for this for 10 developers?

I figured a Mac with xcode and an iOS device is sufficient but they are requesting Mac Mini to use it as a server?

I'm not very familiar with iOS development so please advise me anyone out there with knowledge can give me what would be the recommended environment to develop, test, and deploy the application.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

medicis
New Contributor II

Hi,

In addition having Macs for developers with xcode, you will need to have a test environment for building and testing and to support Continous integration.

It might be worthwhile to look at Veertu Anka Build solution to setup an AWS like self-service cloud for macOS VMs for your iOS build and test environment for CI. You can deploy this cloud on mac cluster(mac minis, pros etc.).

In addition to this, you can have a unit test environment on each developer machine with Anka Run.

The concept//workflow is similar to docker for devops in Linux world.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

medicis
New Contributor II

Hi,

In addition having Macs for developers with xcode, you will need to have a test environment for building and testing and to support Continous integration.

It might be worthwhile to look at Veertu Anka Build solution to setup an AWS like self-service cloud for macOS VMs for your iOS build and test environment for CI. You can deploy this cloud on mac cluster(mac minis, pros etc.).

In addition to this, you can have a unit test environment on each developer machine with Anka Run.

The concept//workflow is similar to docker for devops in Linux world.