Issue with Self Service still showing deleted policies

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Anyone else seeing deleted policies showing up in self service?
Running 9.99.
Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools
5 REPLIES 5

mrben
New Contributor III

I have seen this issue. Are you in a clustered environment?

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Have you given it enough time for Self Service to refresh?
I routinely see that any changes I make to existing policies, like adding/adjusting the description pop up text for example, can take up to 10 minutes in some cases for it to show up in Self Service. Repeated refreshes will still show the older text info, then finally it updates. Have no idea why it takes so long for it to recognize the change. I wonder if the same is true for policies that are deleted still showing up for a while until that refresh eventually happens.

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

@mrben Yes we have an internal server and an external in the DMZ that just ports through.
@mm2270 Its been weeks and all clients are still able to see installs that when clicked, just try continuously to do something, but then it hangs self service up.
Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

@gshackney Yes, I hear you. And since I posted my comment above I did some more testing on 9.99.0 and it seems to have resolved those long delay issues with SS policy descriptions. So never mind what I said :)

Still, this really sounds a lot like a caching issue to me. I'm not completely sure, but I think this location for Self Service caches is still relevant

~/Library/Caches/com.jamfsoftware.selfservice/

Try emptying the contents of that directory and then launching Self Service again to see if it helps.

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

@mm2270 Nope, but also newly imaged computers get the same bad policies in self service, so I'm pretty sure its somewhere in the JSS directly.
Working with Jamf Support today to look at this. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools