Skip to main content
Jamf Nation, hosted by Jamf, is a dynamic and knowledgeable community of Apple-focused IT admins and Jamf Pro users. Join us in person, in October, for the annual Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC) to discover new and better ways to manage Apple devices.

SPSS 25 Packaging

I'm trying to package SPSS 25 for my users, based on the information that was posted on the SPSS 24 Deployment thread that I found, while also utilizing @vmiller 's Github Postinstall script (after changing the version, of course).

I did notice in the SPSS 25 contents folder that there is no contents/plugins folder and thus no JRE built-in, so the license script fails since the JRE doesn't exist. So I'm essentially back to square one, SPSS 25 installs, but is not licensed.

Has anyone tried to license SPSS 25 recently and have any suggestions on how to get it to license? TIA.

Like Comment
CCA Badge CCE Badge
SOLVED Posted: 9/13/17 at 5:14 PM by Look

I have always had the OS X Legacy Java included in the SPSS policy, it has never worked for me with any version without it...
https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572?locale=en_GB
If there is a scenario where this is not needed I'd like to know it as I believe this is the last Application we have floating around that needs it.

CCT Badge CCA Badge
SOLVED Posted: 9/15/17 at 6:07 AM by dcgagne

With SPSS 24 I found that including the latest Java JDK fixed the dependency without needing to use the legacy installer (and thus making our compliance people happy).

I have no idea if this will apply to 25 as I'm just find out, as of this thread, that it exists!